16 March, 2010

'MISSING' THE MISSING MCD!

Thanks to MCD, the street outside my home remained in a dilapidated shape for more than five long years. Every monsoon the area around my home resembled a swimming pool because of the accumulation of rainwater as the sewers were blocked-again courtesy MCD.

May be the Delhi government was planning to host some of the swimming competitions for the CWG here. Jokes apart, Diwali came early this year when two weeks back I saw the MCD guys digging up the street. After a quick confirmation I was truly elated.

Finally, after more than 10 years the MCD has woken from its deep slumber. The street outside my home was being rebuilt. But just when I thought of bursting some firecrackers, lighting diyas and candles and thanking the MCD guys, they were nowhere to be found. They had disappeared just after working for one day! Where had they gone? When would they return? Nobody knew.

So, I kept the rockets, charkhis, anars et al back in the closet. I was depressed. I was missing the missing MCD guys. It was a similar feeling a person has when he’s betrayed in love. (it reminded me of my school days)

But my neighbour, who’s a self-proclaimed local leader cum RWA president cum ‘senior member’ of DPCC cum ‘a good friend of the MCD commissioner’, said that the whole work will be finished by next week. So, I’m hoping that I’ll soon be walking on freshly laid cement and gravel.

PS: I am sorry to inform you Mr Fennel that some of the swimming events at the CWG will have to be cancelled as the crater like potholes cum swimming pools in my street will hopefully be gone by next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment