03 April, 2010

WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND?


Around 4 months back I joined Facebook. Apart from the games I didn’t find anything exciting on it. But just when I was about to write it off as another run of the mill social networking site, I found a feature which first appeared to be interesting but soon started irritating me to the core and that was- “What’s on your mind?”.

Here a person can write whatever he/she feels like. So, whenever I log on, I am bombarded with stupid statements by stupid people that are all over my page. It is sad to see people so darn desperate to gain some eyeballs or just show off by indulging in such things.

I am surprised at the amount of garbage people post. One would write how he hates waking up early morning and the other would write how she’s stuck in a jam, through facebook mobile.

Majority of people have a habit of posting stuff where they intentionally hide the real thing and make indirect statements. Like; “It is pathetic” or ”I feel like killing someone”. It helps them in gaining maximum eyeballs which in turn result in maximum queries.

It has provided a new platform to “sympathy seekers”-people who cry at the drop of a hat and whine endlessly. They take pleasure by posting stuff that would attract people’s attention and provide them with sympathy and importance.

I’ve seen many dumb souls who write about problems with their families or their partner. Is it really necessary to show the world how “unlucky” you are? These people intentionally indulge in “self-pity”. For example, just a few days back a “friend” of mine had posted that she was fed up with her life, wanted to end it and couldn’t trust anybody.

I know she is a big drama queen. So, it didn’t bother me at all. But others (definitely her new internet buddies) weren’t that lucky and fell into the trap. What a followed was a series of concerned questions and senseless answers. But surprisingly, after getting her dose of attention for a few days, she was absolutely fine. She started “loving” her life again!

Another “distressed” girl wrote for her male partner, that he’s nobody to tell her what to do. She would live her life the way she wants. Everything is over. He should get the f**k out of her life.

The first thing that came to my mind was-is the guy deaf? I mean is it necessary to tell the world that you have issues with your partner? And if you are so disturbed, just call him and vent your ire. Why post it on facebook? But once again everything was fine in a matter of days and they were even contemplating marriage.

Sharing a joke with your friends or any worthwhile news is fine. But the fact of the matter is that many hopeless souls post things just for the sake of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment